Assista ao vídeo engraçado abaixo, "Mr. Monk e o Computador" (2 minutos). Leia o Script. Leia as explicaçõees do vocabulário, e aprenda a expressão "get the hang of (something)". (Remember that Mr. Monk has OCD [a doença "TOC"].)
Mr. Monk and the Comptuer - Skript (See translations and explanations below.)
Mr. Monk e o Computador (Script)
Stottelmeyer: Oh, he signed on.
S: It's a reporter. He's doing a profile on the department. It's my first online interview.
S: First question.
M: Why did you become a police officer?
S: Well, my older brother, Mark, was in the same... Something's wrong! It's a code!
M: Oh, I fixed your keyboard.
S: You what?
M: Yeah. Yeah. I took all the letters off and I put them back in alphabetical order.
M: They were mixed up.
S: Well, they're supposed to be mixed up, Monk. Every keyboard is like that.
M: I know. It's always bothered me. This is better; don't you think?
S: Well, how am I supposed to write?
M: It's easy. 'A' is 'Q'. 'B' is 'W'. 'C' is 'E'. 'D' is 'R'.
S: I'm not gonna [going to] be able to remember that!
M: I made up a little song to help people. "A is Q, and B is W, C is E, and D is R for you, E is..."
S: Monk, he's asking what's wrong. How do I say, "I'm sorry. We'll try again later."?
M: Ok, no problem. "I'm sorry" is "oidlekkgn". "Oidlekkgn".
M: Yea, "le" like the French. Remember the song! "A is Q, and B is W, C is..."
S: It's too late. He signed off.
M: What a jerk!
S: Yeah. Hey! I('ve) got a little message for you.
M: Ok! Remember the song!
S: Ok. It's only eight letters.
[Not a very friendly message.]
M: Yeah, well, it looks like you're getting the hang of it.
Explicação/Tradução dos Termos
- he signed on [phrasal verb] = ele entrou (se conectou ao programa)
- profile = perfil
- interview = entrevista
- become = tornar-se
- wrong = errado
- i fixed your computer = consertei seu computador
- keyboard = teclado
- take off [passado, took off] = tirar
- put (them) back = coloquei-os de volta
- mixed up = misturado(s)
- supposed to be = "é para ser"
- keyboard = teclado
- is like that = é assim; é desta forma
- It's always bothered me = It has always bothered me [present perfect]
- bothered me = me incomodado
- how am I supposed to write = literalmente, "como é para eu escrever?" (Como devo/posso escrever?)
- be able to = poder
- make up [passado, made up] = criar, inventar
- too late = tarde demais
- sign off = sair (desconectar do programa)
- jerk = idiota
- I('ve) got = I have = Tenho
- it looks like = parece (que)
- to get the hang of (something) = ver explicação abaixo
Domine Centenas de Phrasal Verbs e Expressões do Dia a Dia em Inglês
- Don?t worry. You'll soon get the hang of it.
Observação: ["I never did get the hang of...." seria igual a dizer "I never got the hang of...", mas de forma mais enfática.]
How about you? What did you get the hang of? Or what are you getting the hang of? Please tell us about it below.