Na mensagem de hoje, falei que iria "compensá-lo" por nossa ausência.
Como se diz "vou compensá-lo" em inglês? Não é "I’ll compensate you"! Para se dizer "compensá-lo" em inglês é necessário usar um phrasal verb!
Assista a partes de alguns seriados e desenhos animados que utilizaram o phrasal verb “make it up to somebody”.
Mr. Krabs: Listen, uh, I just wanted to...you know...apologize for my behavior today. Wasn't right what I done. And I realized I hurt the feelings of, uh, someone I care about. You still there?
Plankton: Yes. I'm still here.
Mr. Krabs: Heh, good. Uh... I want to make it up to you. What do you say we grab a soda?
Mr. Krabs: Glad you could make it, buddy.
Plankton: So, what's this about, Krabs?
Mr. Krabs: I figured since we're no longer archenemies, maybe, maybe we can start over.
Plankton: Yes. Yes, I would like that very much.
Zack & Cody
- Mr. Moseby, I know the elevator thing didn't go as well as we'd hoped… or I'd hoped.
- No, if there's ever an elevator Olympics, we're sure to win the gold.
- Let me make it up to you with my new 24-hour bellhop.
- Oh, no!
- Oh, yeah. Come to papa! This will increase efficiency by 13.4 percent.
- And how did you arrive at that figure?
- I made it up. Now, allow me to demonstrate.
- Please don’t.
- You put the luggage on the cart, we flip this switch, and voilà!
Lilo & Stitch
- Hey, sport! Are you in there?
- Go away!
- Listen, I know I was a little mean to you. On your birthday, no less. But I'm here to make it up to you.
- I told you to go away.
- You see, I figure you're sad because you’re trapped on an alien planet so far from home; right? So I made some phone calls…
- What are you blabbing about?
- …uh-huh. And I invited your college buddies to come for a visit.
- Happy birthday, Jay!
- Boy, he really let himself go!
- How many times do I have to tell you: It’s not my birthday!
- Dude, can you believe this?
- We're standing on the field of an actual pro football training camp. This is awesome.
- My dad would love this.
- Yeah. Too bad he's not talking to you. You should have just gone on the camping trip.
- I'll make it up to him next week. I'll head over there for dinner, bring him a pouch of big league chew, maybe watch a couple of episodes of “The Mentalist.” It'll be fine.
- This is going to be the coolest case of all time.
- I should have brought my autograph book.
- Shawn, you're not the person I want to see right now.
- I know, I know, and I'm sorry.
- I'm gonna make it up to you, I promise.
- Uh, Do you still have that football,
- The Thunderbirds football that I got when I was a kid?
- I don't know. Maybe up in the attic. Why?
- I want him to sign it.
Malcolm in the Middle
- We're sorry we tried to make you cheat.
- You're our moral compass, Malcolm.
- We'd like to make it up to you somehow.
- Let's all pick him up and carry him to the bus on our shoulders.
- That's a great idea. Yeah! Yeah!
- Actually, I should sit this one out.
- With my middle ear condition...
- My scoliosis.
- I forgot my orthotics.
- Sorry, Epstein-Barr.
Mais tarde poderemos conversar sobre as outras expressões presentes no script.